Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Apartment Living

Chad and I knew before we even moved to Clinton that apartment living would probably get old, real quick.  Well, it's been almost 3 months and we're at that point.  This living arrangement has lost it's appeal!  Perhaps this feeling was sparked by the closing of our house in Waverly.  Regardless, I think it would be unanimous if asked of each family member...including Chloe & Bubbles!!  I think it would be more tolerable if there were an area outside the kids could play in.  That is not the case.  To the south of our duplex there is a waterway.  One that harbors mosquitoes the size of a small airplane, mayflys that are the size of a kite, and various other creatures that I would rather see in a petri dish.  To the north of the duplex there is a pond/waterhole that resembles a leech field. (Frankly, I feel better off not knowing)  We do live on a cul-de-sac which we thought would be great for the kids to be able to play in.  Scratch that!  We have a neighbor that is a less than desirable human being, and I'm pretty sure he would run the kids over without much more than a second glance.  So there you have it.  Not many options other than to be stuck inside, staring at each other.  We have watched more tv in the last three months than I would care to watch in a lifetime!  With summer vacation approaching for the kiddos, I am wrestling a excited/dreadful attitude.  I better start planning now, cause I think it could get real ugly, real quick!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I would be crawling up the walls with my boys if there was no where to play! So, if the living situation doesn't change anytime soon, you give me a call. We can play here, we can go to the parks, we can go the pool (once it opens - as I am planning an almost daily trip there with the boys for the summer months), we can find various other things to do.

Also, just so you know, the MOPS group has a "roaming" playdate each Wednesday in the summer. Many times it's at someone's house and there are a few "outings" to different parks, the pools, and the zoo. I will make sure you have a schedule of this once we get it. At least that'll give you one day with some place to play rather than the leech pool, the mosquito haven or the "don't-peg-off-one-of-my-kids" cul-de-sac.