We don't get too excited about distant plans because more than likely the wind will change direction and we'll do something else.
Call it a flaw, call it spontaneous, whatever it's called....It fits us!
So, it was Friday morning and I had a thought of going home for the weekend. It seemed like a lifetime since I have seen my nieces and nephews. I kinda brushed the idea off, but the more the day went on the idea kept creeping it's way back in.
By 3 p.m. when I was picking up the kids, the idea was setting in. So, I asked the kids when they jumped in the car. No complaints from them. They were all in. Okay, Game on!
We got home. I grabbed our suitcases and the packing began. During the packing, I figured I better call Chad and let him know the plans. He was still at work so the conversation went a little like this: "Honey, the kids and I want to go to Nebraska for the weekend. I'm packing our suitcases now. I'll pack yours too and if you can go with us, Great! If not, no big deal." He said, "Okay." (with no shock, cause he knows how we are)
The packing continued and we were ready and loaded by 6 p.m. Chad got home right in time and we were on the road shortly after.
Although it was a fast and fiery type weekend, it was still great to be home.
We spent time at my dad's shop(S & S), there was fun in the combine with Uncle Jeremiah and Uncle Kelvin, there was riding in the grain truck to the elevator with Grandpa, there were horsey rides for the girls at Aunt Kim's, Go-cart and 4-wheeler rides for all the kids, and lots of running around outside! What more could a kid ask for?
Chloe on the slide.
Cody loves riding the 4-wheeler.
Samantha is hanging out on the play set.
Chloe playing tea.
Dylan and Cody playing the DS.
The girls are working on a project.
Cody giving Logan a ride.
This is trouble!!
My little man, Dylan isn't so little anymore.
Logan playin Samantha's DS.
Miss Maddie with the jewelry on!
Chloe with the helmet on. The strap is in her face... :)
Oh, girls!
What a beautiful face!
Cody, I love those holes in your cheeks!
We left Sunday shortly after lunch.
This was the view from the front seat about twenty minutes into our drive back to Missouri.
This is the sign of a GREAT weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment