The first week of college classes are done. In some ways it was easier than I thought. In others, not so much.
The not so fun part is managing my job as a mother/wife(which always comes first) and my new job as a student. I find myself doing homework between loads of laundry, meals, dishes and naps. The majority of my work I save for after the kids are in bed, which works well since I am an avid night owl. I am hoping that as I get more comfortable with my classes I will be able to limit the amount of time I spend on them. Time will tell.
The most surprising part is the type of people taking the classes. There are a few "kids" that are fresh out of high school, but most of us are moms, dads, or grandparents. Everyone comes with a different story. A different journey. It's very inspiring!!
Chad's first week has gone a little different than mine. He was tasked with trying to complete his school work while on his business trip to Germany. That has proven to be a little difficult, so he is still working on finishing his assignments...as we speak. Who doesn't love a little cramming at the last minute?! :-)
Dear Week Two, Please be kind!!
No comments:
Post a Comment