Friday, January 7, 2011

When I Grow Up

For 8 1/2 years, I've just been Mom.  The one who manages the house, the bills, the kids and everything in between.  It's been the best years of my life...and the most challenging.

Every once in a while(when the kids ask about the "old days"), I think back to a time when I was out in the workforce.  A time when I interacted with people older than five.  A time when it wasn't so cool to wear a ponytail everyday of the week.  And, it did matter if my shirt was used as a napkin.

As much as I try to ignore it, my time of staying at home is diminishing.  Chloe will be attending preschool next year and then the year following, she will be in school just like Cody and Samantha.  Part of me is so excited for that chapter in our lives.  All three kids in school.  Chad and I both having a career.  I'm not sure what that will feel like, but I'm still excited.

The one looming question...What will I be when I grow up?

My degree is for Business Management.  Can't really go wrong with a business degree.  After finishing this degree, I plan to continue with something more specialized.  I have ideas.  Many ideas.  All very different from each other.  Equally exciting.

I guess for now I'll stay the course.  Take it as it comes.   I've learned first hand that sometimes the most unexpected plans are the best!

No comments: