February 5th. One year ago, we moved into our new home in Missouri.
It's crazy to think that a year has went by already. I vividly remember the feeling I had leaving Nebraska. Thinking that there was no way I could do this. No way I could move 5 hours away from my family and friends. Wondering how I was ever going to survive outside of my comfort zone.
It's strange to recall the events leading us here. Almost like I was not really there...but more like we were observers of this chaos called, Our life.
The day I went to pick up the kids from their school. Their last day. It was gut wrenching. So many tears. I was crying. The kids were crying. Friends were crying. Teachers were crying. We. were. a. mess!! Every part of my being was screaming DON'T GO!!! But, we did.
We slowly found a routine. A new normal. A new life. And now...
Life is good. No. Life is GREAT!! We are better than ever!
Learning to live in the moment and love where you are at has been the answer to my prayers. Change is definitely not easy. But, it can be the exact thing you never thought you needed.
1 comment:
Amen to sometimes not even knowing exactly what you need until it hits you in the face! We are so glad that your family is here in MO! And even more happy that you are enjoying the "change of pace" you are now living! It takes effort, patience, and a little sense of humor to move around to new places, but thank you for putting the effort in and giving it time! Love ya all!
Post a Comment