Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter

This year, we stayed in Missouri for Easter.  It was a chilly spring day, but that didn't stop the kids from enjoying some outdoor activities.  On Saturday, we attended a pancake feed and Easter Egg hunt on the town's square.  Later in the day, we colored our own Easter eggs.  Sunday we attended a sunrise service, Bible verse egg hunt, breakfast and worship service at church.  When we got home, we also had our own Easter egg hunt and a special dinner in the evening.  Lots of family time, outdoor fun and eggs galore!

The kids are waiting for the Egg hunt to start.  There were more kids than eggs!!

Getting ready to color our eggs!





Chad is getting in on the action too. 

Chloe did really well this year.  No broken eggs!



The finished product.

Going through their eggs at the church egg hunt.  Chloe is very angry that I won't let her eat EVERY. SINGLE. PIECE. OF. CHOCOLATE!!  I'm the meanest mother EVER!!

Ready for our Easter egg hunt at home.


Bubbles is mad that I didn't get him a bucket.  Furry children pout too!

Cody and Chloe are only worried about who got the most eggs.  Bubbles is helping them count.  
Chloe won by 1 egg! 


1 comment:

Angie said...

Well, it sounds like you had a wonderful family day on Easter. However, I'm sad that you didn't join us for the late afternoon activities. But I know how it goes... sometimes it's just nice to stay put, and not have to go anywhere! But don't be expecting to get away with it that easily for holidays in the future (if you stick around here for them) ;o)