Sunday, May 9, 2010

A New Favorite

I have been doing lots of research on "Fun, Family Things to Do" in the Kansas City area.  Mainly to occupy our summer months, but in general just to experience what Missouri has to offer.  I have actually been quite surprised with what I have been able to find.  I'll post my findings later, but for now I'll let you in on our 1st New Favorite place to visit!   Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead in Overland Park, Kansas.  
We had a blast!  It's about 45-50 minutes from our home and well worth the drive!  Children can have a pony ride, bottle-feed baby goats, milk a cow, fish, go on a horse-drawn carriage ride, wagon rides, play on the playground, ride pedal tractors, and lots more!  It's just an all around great place to spend a day outside!  The bonus is...it's not that pricey.  During the week, admission is FREE!  Weekends only cost $2/person.
It's very child friendly.  Not so big that Chloe had to have a stroller, either.  She walked/ran the entire time.  All of them were pretty tired when we were done, but all left with smiles!  We will definitely put this on our "Must Visit Again" list.

1 comment:

Angie said...

This place sounds amazing!! I haven't heard of it before - so thank you for posting! Sounds like a place we could venture this summer during the week... why not take advantage of the FREE admission. Glad you had a fun time!