The day started like it does every year. Chad gets up super early and gets ready. He is out the door before 6 a.m. and makes his annual Mother's Day Card Run. It's about 9 a.m. when I awake to find the bedroom door closed but I hear the whispering behind it..."When is mommy going to get up?"
How sweet. They let me sleep in! It wasn't long after that I had three little ones bringing breakfast, cards and homemade gifts into my bed. Each one wanted me to read "their" card first. Each one as cute as the next. After our morning in bed, we decided to go have lunch at one of our favorite BBQ restaurants in Warsaw, The Chuck Wagon. YUM!! And, again it didn't disappoint.
Then for afternoon fun we went to the Truman Lake Dam Lookout. Such a beautiful view of the Lake. The kids enjoyed looking through the telescopes to get a closer look at the dam. And of course we loved watching the boats. After a while at the Lookout, we headed back to Clinton and went bowling. The kids ask all the time and with it being so overcast and cool, it seemed like a great day for it. Of course we had a great time. I think Samantha only dropped her ball one time, Chloe only laid in the lane once and Cody managed to get his bowling ball stuck just twice. So, overall a success!
The evening we spend at home. Just a normal, relaxing Sunday evening. I couldn't think of any other way to end such a special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment