Saturday, September 25, 2010

We're Losers!


That's right.  Losers.  Chad and I.  

Chad's the biggest loser and I come in a close second.  
(I laugh as I can picture people nodding in agreement.)  

Really.  We are losers.  
Chad lost 6 lbs last week and I lost 5.4. (And, yes the .4 is important!)

It was time.  Time for Chad and I to get a handle on our health.  
It's really no surprise for those that have known me for a long time.  I have a completely inappropriate relationship with food.  I'm not sure at what point in my life that I associated food to feelings, but I did and I do.  Food to me represents love.  But, it also represents sadness, guilt, anger, loneliness and fear. 
If I have any type of emotion, food seems to be a part of it.  

It's an addiction.  I recognize that.  It's my cross to bear.  Everyone has something.  This is my something.  

Our move to Missouri seemed to be the catapult for these feelings and behaviors.  In the past 8 months, I have managed to put on almost 30 pounds.  And, Chad has followed suit.  Not a good combination and a very negative, selfish situation to put our family in.  

Now, I have lost weight before and stated "this" would be the last time.  I would get myself under control and maintain.  And yet, here I am.  It's daunting.  It's exhausting.  It's a very lonely place to be.  Until now. 

Starting this journey with Chad has been different.  A good different.  We hold each other accountable for our choices and  I have a support partner "in house", which is wonderful.

Our method...Weight Watchers.  We have been counting points.  We get a set amount of points for each day and each food has a set number of points associated with it.  It works!  And, it's simple.  I love Weight Watchers.

As for our goals, we are not sure yet.  We have a range in mind, but for now we are just taking it one day(sometimes an hour) at a time.  We'll get to our goals, eventually.  When we do, I'll share that news or perhaps you'll see it. :)

1 comment:

Kelly Bode said...

Good for you guys. Hoping you are still doing well with the weight loss.